How the scheme works:
Since 1999, the Armstrong ceiling recycling programme has diverted over 195 million square feet of old ceiling materials from going to landfill.
When old ceiling tiles are being removed from a building, working with CCF, Armstrong can recycle them into new ceiling tiles. You can even arrange for CCF to collect your unwanted ceiling tiles which are then sent to the closest Armstrong Ceilings plant where they are up-cycled into new products.
Using the same process, Armstrong can also recycle any unwanted cut offs from an installation.
What is the benefit?
Recycling is not only environmentally friendly and stops waste from going to landfill, but by offering a recycling scheme we aim to save our customers time and money by removing their unwanted waste so that you can get on with the job at hand.
For large projects Armstrong can supply pallets and bags and will organise to collect full loads directly from the site.
Accepted ceiling tiles:
- Any brand of pulpable wet-felt mineral fibre ceilings dated after January 2000
- Any brand of glass wool and stone wool ceiling tiles dated after January 2000
- (Ceiling tiles have the manufacturing date stamped on the back of the tile)
Non-accepted ceiling tiles:
- Metal ceiling tiles
- Vinyl, metal foil or fabric faced/ backed ceiling tiles
- Wood based ceiling tiles
- Ceiling tiles installed below friable asbestos or contaminated with any hazardous material
- Ceiling tiles with paint not applied by manufacturer
- No wood, metal, plastic or builders debris is acceptable
- No products that are mouldy or wet or cannot be transported in a safe manner
- No product contaminated with any hazardous material or requiring special handling or disposal methods
In the majority of cases, the Armstrong recycling service is free, however, charges can be incurred in exceptional circumstances. Please contact your local CCF branch for more information.
To calculate the positive impact you could create on the environment by supporting this scheme, click here.