CCF Fleet & Safety Management
As a leading distributor of insulation and interior products hence safety management plays a key role. It’s important to have a fully functioning national fleet of vehicles to service our customers.
When managing a large fleet. many factors are needed to be considered . These are the driver’s, vehicles and the overall safety of employees and customers.
Below is a summary of how CCF ensure safety management of its fleet.
- Over 300 vehicles are maintained to keep our vehicles and drivers safe on the road.
- Every 6 weeks vehicles and trailers are inspected and serviced.
- A proactive role in the Construction Logistics and Cyclist Safety (CLOCS) programme. This works with other organisations in the construction logistics industry. In conclusion revolutionise the management of work related road risk.
- Part of the Fleet. Is the Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), therefore encompasses all aspects of road safety, fuel efficiency, economical operations and vehicle emissions.
- Have recently invested in Low Cab vehicles to the fleet. The Mercedes Econic trucks feature panoramic windscreens and low-level entry cabs. In addition provides improved views and eye contact at the critical nearside front of the vehicle.
- All new vehicles in the CCF fleet are fitted with vulnerable road user safety systems.
- All 300 employees are fully trained and qualified. In addition they have completed a national training program across all 40 branches for Safe Loading. A incredible of 550 hours of training delivered.
- Furthermore Drivers have completed a Safe Urban Driving course. This includes half a day on a bike to provide experience of being a vulnerable road user.
- Safety of our staff and customers is a key cornerstone of the business. As a result, CCF recently won the Gold award for safety at the RosPA awards.
- It’s our goal to make sure everyone goes home the same way they came to work
- Procedures and fully qualified trained staff help CCF employees and customers to remain safe while having a positive experience.
To find out more about our safety policy visit our website.